Oct 23, 2008

"life's an accident others slow down / and vainly strain their necks to see / while i push my pedal to the ground / and fly past them all in ecstasy"

It's Thursday already and this week I've taken a nap at least once every day so far. For me, sleeping during the day usually results in the strangest dreams. Today for instance I dreamt that two people were talking beside me where I was sleeping. I actually woke up and turned over, only to realize that no one was there. I then had a lucid dream, but only for a very short amount of time. It felt like maybe 15 or 20 seconds. I also dreamt of trying to take tortellini out of a bowl but there was a drain at the bottom, like a sink, which made it impossible to get anything out. As I'd try and scoop them out, they'd get sucked down the drain. That was just today.

Here's some projects I've been juggling over the past couple weeks:
- Finishing up the layout for Foreword
- Designing a new door for WPSR (Purchase Student Radio)
- Redesigning Verizon's corporate identity (much needed)
- Typographic experiments book
- Type As Metaphor posters
- Airplane narrative series broadsides
- Posters!

Hopefully at somepoint this stuff will make it's way to the internet. 

Friday is our show with As Tall As Lions : )
Saturday we're shooting a video upstate with Ben Morrsberger for a new song called "Lights and Shapes".
Sunday I'm making sleeves for the first 50 Foreword pre-orders with the help of Dena, silkscreen extraordinaire.

Playlist:
Stereogum Presents RAC Vol. 1
Copeland - Your Are My Sunshine
Silversun Pickups - Carnavas
Modeselektor - Happy Birthday!

Currently reading:
Seventy-nine Short Essays on Design - Michael Bierut
Modern Architecture - Kenneth Frampton
Ishmael - Daniel Quinn

1 comment:

brit said...

gawd i wish i could be at that show nickaay